B. In order to access some features of the RockYou! Sites, you will have to create an account. You may never use another's account without permission. When creating your account, you must provide accurate and complete information. You are solely responsible for the activity that occurs on your account, and you must keep your account password secure. You must notify RockYou! immediately of any breach of security or unauthorized use of your account. Although RockYou! will not be liable for your losses caused by any unauthorized use of your account, you may be liable for the losses of RockYou! or others due to such unauthorized use.
C. You agree not to use or launch any automated system, including without limitation, "robots," "spiders," "offline readers," etc., that accesses the RockYou! Sites in a manner that sends more request messages to the RockYou! servers in a given period of time than a human can reasonably produce in the same period by using a conventional on-line web browser. Notwithstanding the foregoing, RockYou! grants the operators of public search engines permission to use spiders to copy materials from RockYou! Sites for the sole purpose of creating publicly available searchable indices of the materials, but not caches or archives of such materials. RockYou! reserves the right to revoke these exceptions either generally or in specific cases. You agree not to collect or harvest any personally identifiable information, including account names, from the RockYou! Sites, nor to use the communication systems provided by the RockYou! Sites for any commercial solicitation purposes. You agree not to solicit, for commercial purposes, any Users of the RockYou! Sites with respect to their User Submissions (see Section 5 below).
4. Intellectual Property Rights The content on the RockYou! Sites, including without limitation, the text, software, scripts, graphics, photos, sounds, music, videos, interactive features and the like ("Content") and the trademarks, service marks and logos contained therein ("Marks"), are owned by or licensed to RockYou!, subject to copyright and other intellectual property rights under United States and foreign laws and international conventions. Content on the RockYou! Sites is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use only and may not be used, copied, reproduced, distributed, transmitted, broadcast, displayed, sold, licensed, or otherwise exploited for any other purposes whatsoever without the prior written consent of the respective owners. RockYou! reserves all rights not expressly granted in and to the RockYou! Sites and the Content. You agree to not engage in the use, copying, or distribution of any of the Content other than expressly permitted herein, including any use, copying, or distribution of User Submissions (see Section 5 below) of third parties obtained through the RockYou! Sites for any commercial purposes. If you download or print a copy of the Content for personal use, you must retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained therein. You agree not to circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with security related features of the RockYou! Sites or features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any Content or enforce limitations on use of the RockYou! Sites or the Content therein.
5. User Submissions A. The RockYou! Sites may now or in the future permit the submission of images, sounds, videos or other communications submitted by you and other Users ("User Submissions") and the hosting, sharing, and/or publishing of such User Submissions. You understand that whether or not such User Submissions are published, RockYou! does not guarantee any confidentiality with respect to any User Submissions.
D. In particular, if you are a copyright owner or an agent thereof and believe that any User Submission or other content infringes upon your copyrights, you may submit a notification pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA") by providing our Copyright Agent with the following information in writing (see 17 U.S.C. 512(c)(3) for further detail):
(i) A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
(ii) Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
(iii) Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material;
(iv) Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail;
(v) A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
(vi) A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
RockYou!'s designated Copyright Agent to receive notifications of claimed infringement is:
Attn: Copyright RockYou! 585 Broadway St., Suite A Redwood City, CA 94063 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone: 650.421.2000
You acknowledge that if you fail to comply with all of the requirements of this Section 5(D), your DMCA notice may not be valid.
E. You understand that when using the RockYou! Sites, you will be exposed to User Submissions from a variety of sources, and that RockYou! is not responsible for the accuracy, usefulness, safety, or intellectual property rights of or relating to such User Submissions. You further understand and acknowledge that you may be exposed to User Submissions that are inaccurate, offensive, indecent, or objectionable, and you agree to waive, and hereby do waive, any legal or equitable rights or remedies you have or may have against RockYou! with respect thereto, and agree to indemnify and hold RockYou!, its Owners/Operators, affiliates, and/or licensors, harmless to the fullest extent allowed by law regarding all matters related to your use of the site.
F. RockYou! permits you to link to your own User Submissions hosted on the RockYou! Sites or User Submissions of other third parties available on the RockYou! Sites, for personal, non-commercial purposes only. You understand that the User Submissions, whether or not linked or embedded into other websites, are provided to you only on an as-available basis, and RockYou! does not guarantee that their availability will be uninterrupted or bug free. RockYou! reserves the right to discontinue any aspect to the RockYou! Sites at any time, including discontinuing any linked or embedded Content either generally or in specific cases.
6. Opt Out We may use your information to notify you of important changes to the RockYou! Sites, services, and special offers. If you do not want to receive such notices, you may use the following options to opt out of receiving future communications:
A. Send an email message to email@example.com with the word "Remove" in the subject field; or
B. Send mail to the following postal address:
Lance Tokuda Attn: Remove RockYou! 585 Broadway St. Redwood City, CA 94063
Opting out may prevent you from receiving email messages regarding updates, improvements, or special offers. If RockYou! has provided any third-party with your personal information, you will have to contact the third-party directly with any opt-out request.
7. Warranty Disclaimer YOU AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE ROCKYOU! SITES SHALL BE AT YOUR SOLE RISK. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, ROCKYOU!, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN CONNECTION WITH THE ROCKYOU! SITES AND YOUR USE THEREOF. ROCKYOU! MAKES NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THIS SITE'S CONTENT OR THE CONTENT OF ANY SITES LINKED TO THIS SITE AND ASSUMES NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY (I) ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES OF CONTENT, (II) PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE ROCKYOU! SITES, (III) ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SECURE SERVERS AND/OR ANY AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION AND/OR FINANCIAL INFORMATION STORED THEREIN, (IV) ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM THE ROCKYOU! SITES, (IV) ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE WHICH MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH THE ROCKYOU! SITES BY ANY THIRD PARTY, AND/OR (V) ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY CONTENT OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF ANY CONTENT POSTED, EMAILED, TRANSMITTED, OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE VIA THE ROCKYOU! SITES. ROCKYOU! DOES NOT WARRANT, ENDORSE, GUARANTEE, OR ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE ADVERTISED OR OFFERED BY A THIRD PARTY THROUGH THE ROCKYOU! SITES OR ANY HYPERLINKED WEBSITE OR FEATURED IN ANY BANNER OR OTHER ADVERTISING, AND ROCKYOU! WILL NOT BE A PARTY TO OR IN ANY WAY BE RESPONSIBLE FOR MONITORING ANY TRANSACTION BETWEEN YOU AND THIRD-PARTY PROVIDERS OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES. AS WITH THE PURCHASE OF A PRODUCT OR SERVICE THROUGH ANY MEDIUM OR IN ANY ENVIRONMENT, YOU SHOULD USE YOUR BEST JUDGMENT AND EXERCISE CAUTION WHERE APPROPRIATE.
8. Limitation of Liability IN NO EVENT SHALL ROCKYOU!, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, OR AGENTS, BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM ANY (I) ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES OF CONTENT, (II) PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE ROCKYOU! SITES, (III) ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SECURE SERVERS AND/OR ANY AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION AND/OR FINANCIAL INFORMATION STORED THEREIN, (IV) ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM THE ROCKYOU! SITES, (IV) ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE, WHICH MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH THE ROCKYOU! SITES BY ANY THIRD PARTY, AND/OR (V) ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY CONTENT OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF YOUR USE OF ANY CONTENT POSTED, EMAILED, TRANSMITTED, OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE VIA THE ROCKYOU! SITES, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT THE COMPANY IS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THE FOREGOING LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW IN THE APPLICABLE JURISDICTION.
YOU SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT ROCKYOU! SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR USER SUBMISSIONS OR THE DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE, OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY AND THAT THE RISK OF HARM OR DAMAGE FROM THE FOREGOING RESTS ENTIRELY WITH YOU.
The RockYou! Sites are controlled and offered by RockYou! from its facilities in the United States of America. RockYou! makes no representations that the RockYou! Sites are appropriate or available for use in other locations. Those who access or use the RockYou! Sites from other jurisdictions do so at their own volition and are responsible for compliance with local law.